New training forums dedicated to young horses
last updated on December 08, 2016 13:35
New for 2017 British Dressage is offering members and dressage fans access to two exciting training days dedicated exclusively to the young horse.
Audiences will be treated to three world class guest speakers at each event. At the first forum we welcome renowned trainer Paul Fielder, BD Training Director and International rider/trainer Paul Hayler alongside FEI 5*Judge and rider Isobel Wessels. Both Paul Fielder and Paul Hayler will return in late January for the second forum with the addition of British dressage royalty Jennie Loriston-Clarke MBE, former FEI Judge, breeder, rider and trainer.
You will see demonstrations from two horses of four, five and six years old as well as one seven year old with the aim of discussing everything from way of going to test riding. There'll also be the opportunity to see the new championship test for four-year-olds in action as well as the existing tests for the other age groups.
Within each of the sessions the Young Horse Forums our speakers will cover topics such as:
- Using the scales of training when producing the young horse
- Working with the directives for FEI 5-6-7 year olds
- Are the expectations of producers and riders mirrored?
- The potential of the young horse (Young Horse Championships and Grand Prix goals)
- The impact of the ride-judge and how this can change the final placings - what you see is not always what you feel
- The horse’s overall talent i.e. paces and way of going/temperament/attentiveness/mental agility/natural willingness to go forward
With four question and answer sessions planned for each day there'll be plenty of chances to voice your opinion on training young horses and learn more by posing your queries to one of our expert guest speakers.
Whether you are a rider, trainer, breeder, judge, owner or supporter, the Young Horse Forums will be an amazing opportunity to learn more about achieving the best possible start to the career of your future star.
The two days of training will be held at Hurstbourne Equestrian Centre, Hampshire on Monday 16 January 2017 and at Mount St John Stud, North Yorkshire on Monday 30 January 2017.
Tickets are £30 for members and £35 for non-members. To purchase yours click here.
To see a detailed time table of the forum and location addresses click here.
For more information please contact Katy Evans on 02477 087801 or email@example.com