Small Tour Championships - all you need to know
last updated on March 21, 2017 15:52
Added to the BD calendar in 2015, the BD Small Tour Championship gives horse and rider combinations who’ve not yet reached international status but, nonetheless enjoy competing at Prix St Georges and Inter I, an additional competition opportunity.
This year, qualifying rounds will take place at 12 venues, all chosen to give competitors a first-rate experience, and the final takes place at Houghton Hall, Cambridgeshire on the 2 & 3 December.
All the qualifying classes will be judged by two List 1 judges, with the final playing host to three judges for each class, including FEI judges, to add to the sense of occasion.
Eligibility is limited to combinations who have never taken part in a CDI at that level although the rider may have done so on another horse, and horses must not have competed internationally by any rider for at least five years.
Which tests will be used?
- FEI Prix St Georges
- FEI Freestyle Prix St Georges
- FEI Intermediate I
- FEI Freestyle Intermediate I
Eligibility to take part
- Combinations not to have taken part in a CDI or CDIY
- Horses must not have competed internationally by any rider for at least five years
- Combinations must choose to compete at PSG/PSG Freestyle OR Inter I/Inter I Freestyle
- Combinations cannot compete in both PSG and Inter I
- The entry fee is £60 for both tests
How do combinations qualify for the final?
- The top three in each section will be invited to the Final. If an already qualified combination is placed in the top three, qualification will be passed down the line
- Competitors compete in both tests per level
- Prize money at qualifiers - £90, £60, £30, £20 – paid out as BD rules
- Two List 1 judges per class (can judge both classes)
Where and when are the qualifiers?
Rockrose (East Lothian) - 1-3 September
Hickstead (West Sussex) - 27 September
Aintree (Merseyside) - 4 October
Wix (Essex) - 14 October
Beaver Hall (Staffordshire) - 18 October
West Wilts (Wiltshire) - 19 October
Blue Barn (Kent) - 21 October
Keysoe (Bedfordshire) - 31 October
Richmond (North Yorkshire) - 4-5 November
Kings (Herefordshire) - 7 November
Sheepgate (Lincolnshire) - 10-12 November
Bicton Arena (Devon) - 12 November
Solihull (West Midlands) - 17 November
Championship: Houghton Hall (Cambridgeshire) – 2 & 3 December
- Three judges per class – List 1 with international experience
- Prize money - £250, £100, £75, £50, £25 at each level
I still have questions, who should I contact?
Karen Beaumont, British Dressage – email or 02476 698909
Pictured: Leak Beckett and Russki - Small Tour PSG Champions 2016