Saracen Horse Feeds Quest
Quest, sponsored by Saracen Horse Feeds, is the perfect starting point for riders new to British Dressage. With three levels and two exciting Championships to aim for, take part in a fun and relaxed competition where team spirit and personal progress are the most important factors.
New Sponsor for 2021
We're excited to announce that Saracen Horse Feeds will take title sponsorship of a new era for our ever-popular Quest series for the next three years. Saracen Horse Feeds will be bringing their expert knowledge to our Quest riders to help you get the best out of your horse as you look to qualify in 2021:
Get together with a group of three of four friends or fellow riders and have a go at Team Quest. The key points to know about Team Quest are:
- There are three levels (Intro, Prelim and Novice) and two age categories for teams – Under 21 (for riders up to the end of the year of their 21st birthday) and Open (all ages)
- In Team Quest competitions each team member rides their test as an individual with the best three scores contributing to the overall team total
- Each team may be made up of either three or four combinations
- You can register a maximum of seven riders to your team with an unlimited number of reserve horses. Do you have too many reserve riders? Why not create another Quest team!
- The highest team total wins the competition which adds valuable points to team rankings on the Team Quest Regional leader boards
- The top 50 Open teams and Under 21 Teams do battle at a Regional Final before earning a place at the Team Quest National Championships!
Team Quest Registration
With over 2,000 competitors, it’s important for our Quest Team to know about your team. If you’ve found your team members, got your team colours at the ready and invented the perfect team name it’s time to register.
Fill in the team registration form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re sending membership and team quest registration forms at the same time, we’ll complete your numbers once they’ve been processed. Your Quest team captain will receive a confirmation email once your team is fully registered and ready to go! Don't forget, if you have any amendments to the team you need to email email@example.com before the competition day!
Go solo in My Quest to have a shot at the prestigious My Quest Championship titles. Following the same format as Team Quest and with qualifiers taking place at the same BD Quest shows, choose the Open or Under 21 section and start qualifying at Intro, Prelim or Novice level! The key points to know about My Quest are:
- My Quest points are earned in line with the percentage achieved at each show
- Your five best My Quest scores count towards a place on the regional leader boards, with the top 60 Open and Under 21 ranked riders going on to the Regional Finals
- If you’ve competed in more than five qualifier shows, your five best scores will count and your lowest results will be dropped
- You can compete at 2 consecutive levels in My Quest and aim for more than one Championship each year
Please refer to the rule book for eligibility and rules of Quest Championships and Regional Finals.
Quest Regional Finals and National Championships 2021
To qualify for the Quest Regional Finals the season will run between 29 March - 31 August 2021. Those within a qualifying position will then be invited to their Quest Regional Final by email. The Quest season will end with the Quest National Championships.
In My Quest, it’s the top two from each level, in each category in the English and Scottish regions with the top four qualifying in Wales. Team Quest championship qualification is based on ratios relating to the teams who finish on the regional leaderboards.
In regions where there are up to ten teams on the leaderboard, the winning team from each Regional Final (both A and B) will go through to Bury Farm. Where there are 11 or more teams, the winning team from each regional (both A and B) plus the team with the highest combined score from the two regionals (A and B) will also earn a championship place.
In both My Quest and Team Quest, any remaining championship places will be decided by wild cards based on Regional Final scores.
|North & West B||Kings Equestrian||Herefordshire||11 - 12 September|
|North & West A||Tushingham Arena||Cheshire||18 - 19 September|
|South & West B||Cherwell Competition Centre||Oxfordshire||18 - 19 September|
|Wales||Beacons Equestrian||Carmathenshire||18 - 19 September|
|Scotland B||Tilllyoch Equestrian Centre||Aberdeenshire||25 - 26 September|
|South & East A||Codham Park||Essex||25 - 26 September|
|North & East B||Epworth Equestrian||South Yorkshire||2 - 3 October|
|Scotland A||Muirmill||South Ayrshire||2 - 3 October|
|South & West A||Chard Equestrian||Somerset||2 - 3 October|
|South & East B||Speedgate Events||Kent||9 - 10 October|
|North & East A||Northallerton Equestrian Centre||North Yorkshire||16 - 17 October|
A total of 32 combinations in the Intro, Prelim and Novice My Quest classes in the Open and under 21 sections and 24 Team Quest teams in both the Open and Under 21 sections will compete for the top honours, great prizes and a host of special awards.
Please see the major dates for all Regional Final and Quest National Championship venues and dates:
Interested in taking part in our Quest competitions? Take a look at our Quest venue map to see which venues are near you in your region:
Team and individual riders can compete in any region, but Team Quest and My Quest points are allocated to the regional leader board selected on registration. Teams or individual riders can change region within two months of first competing in the current Quest season by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at the complete Quest rules in our Members' Handbook:
Riders and horses must hold a minimum of Club membership to take part in Quest competitions. There’s no need to upgrade for the Quest Championships if you’re successful in your journey, so you can enjoy the complete Quest experience for just £45! With this membership you can also have a go at qualifying for the Petplan Equine Area Festivals at Prelim Bronze level, try Combined Training or Dressage to Music classes and attend our regional training.