Saracen Horse Feeds Quest
Quest, sponsored by Saracen Horse Feeds, is the perfect starting point for riders new to British Dressage. With three levels and two exciting championships to aim for, take part in a fun and relaxed competition where team spirit and personal progress place first!
New for 2023
British Dressage is delighted to announce a new format for Quest competitions in 2023, offering year-round competition opportunities and improved accessibility for British Dressage Club members. We’re excited to unveil our plans for Quest competitions spanning all twelve months of the year, with the introduction of the Quest Winter League and membership package, as well as new semi-finals within the Quest Championship pathway, to ensure that the Quest series can continue to attract and offer opportunities to as many grass roots riders as possible.
|Summer 2024||Winter 2023|
|Qualification period||1 January - 31 August||1 September - 31 December|
|Levels||Intro - Novice||Intro - Novice|
|Qualification Tests||Current tests will be used throughout the whole qualification period|
|Semi-Finals||September - October||-|
|Semi-Finals Dressage tests||My Quest - Intro B, Prelim 14 and Novice 27. Team Quest - Intro C, Prelim 18 and Novice 30||-|
|Championships||8 - 10 November 2024 at Arena UK, Lincolnshire||National leader boards at all levels/sections. Prizes to the top 3 and rosettes will be awarded to the top 10 on each leader board at the end of the season|
|Championship Dressage tests||My Quest - Intro B, Prelim 14 and Novice 27. Team Quest - Intro A & C, Prelim 13 & 18 and Novice 28 & 30||-|
Get together a group of three or four friends or fellow riders and have a go at Team Quest!
- There are three levels (Intro, Prelim and Novice) and two age categories for teams – Under 21 (for riders up to the end of the year of their 21st birthday) and Open (all ages)
- Each team member rides their test as an individual with the best three scores contributing to the overall team total
- Each team may be made up of either three or four combinations and you can register a maximum of seven riders to your team with an unlimited number of reserve horses. Do you have too many reserve riders? Why not create another Quest team!
- The highest team total wins the competition which adds valuable points to team rankings on the Team Quest leader boards
Team Quest Registration
With over 2,000 competitors, it’s important for our Quest Team to know about your team. If you’ve found your team members, got your team colours at the ready and invented the perfect team name it’s time to register. Fill in the team registration form and submit to email@example.com
If you’re sending membership and Team Quest registration forms at the same time, we’ll complete your numbers once they’ve been processed. Your Quest team captain will receive a confirmation email once your team is fully registered and ready to go! Don't forget, if you have any amendments to the team you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org before the competition day.
Go solo in My Quest to have a shot at the prestigious My Quest Championship titles. Following the same format as Team Quest and with qualifiers taking place at the same BD Quest shows, choose the Open or Under 21 section and start qualifying at Intro, Prelim or Novice level!
- My Quest points are earned in line with the percentage achieved at each show
- Your five best My Quest scores count towards a place on the leader boards
- If you’ve competed in more than five qualifier shows, your five best scores will count and your lowest results will be dropped
- You can compete at 2 consecutive levels in My Quest and aim for more than one Championship each year
Semi Final Qualification
The qualifying period for the Quest Semi Finals will run between 1 January - 31 August 2024. Those within a qualifying position will then be invited to their Quest Semi-Final by email.
- The top 10 Open and Under 21 Teams in Team Quest at the end of qualifying do battle at their chosen Semi-Final.
- The top 12 Open and Under 21 ranked My Quest riders will qualify for their chosen Semi-Finals.
- You must select your chosen Semi Final venue by emailing email@example.com, any changes must be made within two months of your first Quest competition
Quest Leaderboards - coming soon for 2024
|Radfords Equestrian Centre, Powys/Shropshire||21 - 22 September|
|Vale View Equestrian, Leicestershire||21 - 22 September|
|Codham Park Equestrian, Essex||21 - 22 September|
|Highfield at Howe Equestrian Centre, Fife||21 - 22 September|
|Colraine Equestrian Centre, Cornwall||21 - 22 September|
|Moreton Equestrian Centre, Dorset||28 September|
|SMP @ Golden Cross Equestrian Centre, East Sussex||28 September|
|Willow Banks Equestrian Centre, Lincolnshire||28 - 29 September|
|Holmside Hall, Durham||28 - 29 September|
|Little Mill Equestrian, Carmarthenshire||28 - 29 September|
A total of 32 combinations in Intro, Prelim and Novice My Quest classes in the Open and Under 21 sections and 24 Team Quest teams in both the Open and Under 21 sections will compete for the top honours, great prizes and a host of special awards at Arena UK in November.
- My Quest - top three from each level, in each category will qualify for the National Championships.
- Team Quest - qualification is based on ratios relating to the teams who finish on the relevant Semi-Final leaderboard.
- In both My Quest and Team Quest, any remaining championship places will be decided by wild cards based on Semi-Final scores.
Winter Quest League
The qualifying period for the Quest Winter League will run between 1 September - 31 December 2023. Attend competitions at regular BD Quest venues with a National leader board for each level / section. Simply search for 'Quest Winter League' on our schedules.
- Points will be awarded in the same way as the Quest Championships, with the winter leader boards updated on a fortnightly basis.
- The overall top 3 Team Quest and My Quest riders will receive a prize, with the top 10 in each level and section awarded a rosette, which will be posted.
- Entry and participation in the Winter Quest League will not affect eligibility for future Quest Championships. However, all riders must be eligible for the classes they are competing in, as per the eligibility tables at the start of the winter season.
- Compete on a Quest Winter League, Club or Full membership!
Quest Winter League Leaderboards
To view your Quest Winter League leaderboard please click from the list below. (Last updated 07/12/23)
|Team Quest||U21 Team||Open Team|
||U21 Intro||U21 Prelim||U21 Novice|
|Open Intro||Open Prelim||Open Novice|
Interested in taking part in our Quest competitions? Take a look at our Quest venue map to see which venues are near you in your region:
Team and individual riders can compete anywhere in the UK, but Team Quest and My Quest points are allocated to their chosen leader board. Teams or individual riders can change their nominated Semi-Final leader board within two months of first competing in the current Quest season by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Take a look at the complete Quest rules in our Members' Handbook:
Riders and horses must hold a minimum of Club membership to take part in Quest competitions. There’s no need to upgrade for the Quest Championships if you’re successful in your journey, so you can enjoy the complete Quest experience for just £50! With this membership you can also have a go at qualifying for the Petplan Equine Area Festivals at Prelim Bronze level, try Red Gorilla Combined Training or Dressage to Music classes and attend our regional training.
Have a go at the Quest Winter League for just £15 with our new membership package! Suitable for non-members who want to take part in dressage over the winter.