As a member of British Dressage you'll get a whole range of benefits for both you and your horse.
From giving you the chance to take part in activities and events with other dressage riders, to insurance cover and legal helpline, being a British Dressage member means you'll have everything you need to get the most out of dressage!
- Choose your shows from a packed schedule of 2,000 days of competition per year
- You can qualify for all types of different championships as a full member, as a club member you can qualify for the Quest Championships
- Online access to competition records of all BD-registered riders and horses
- You will be judged by judges who have passed exams and receive ongoing training
- You can improve your own and your horses’ performance through our competition structure
- Be part of the glitz and glamour of a Petplan Equine Area Festival
- Third party public liability insurance for all private equestrian activities provided by partners KBIS
- Personal accident insurance for all private equestrian activities, excluding racing (restrictions apply - see Members' Handbook for limits of cover)
Access to a free legal helpline provided by our partners Harrison Clark Rickerbys, whose specialist equine solicitors are widely regarded as trusted experts in equine law, with experience spanning more than 15 years, advising on legal matters that affect the ownership of horses and the associated services provided.
- Get an exclusive member discount for our annual National Championships and National Convention!
- Ticket discounts are also often available at other shows we partner with, such as Olympia: The London International Horse Show
- We have negotiated special music licensing terms, so you have a wealth of music to choose from for your freestyle tests
BD Magazine, Engage & Handbook
As a Full member you'll receive the British Dressage magazine, published eight times per year, packed with news, training features and show schedules. Club members and Associate members can also read the previous issue of the magazine
Every month a copy of our e-news Engage will hit your in box with our latest updates, news, info and offers. Plus you'll receive email updates from your region.
All Full members receive a copy of the current British Dressage Members' Handbook, which has lots of info about what judges are looking for from you and your horse. If you're a Club or Associate member you can access the handbook online.
- There's regional training for riders at all levels given by British Dressage accredited trainers
- We run regional training for coaches to improve standards of teaching, which you can take part in
- You can work for a top trainer through our apprenticeship scheme
- There is a training scheme for young riders aged eight to 25 years called BD Youth
- You can become a dressage judge