As a member of British Dressage you'll get a whole range of benefits for both you and your horse.
From giving you the chance to take part in activities and events with other dressage riders, to insurance cover and legal helpline, being a British Dressage member means you'll have everything you need to get the most out of dressage!
- Choose your shows from a packed schedule of 2,000 days of competition per year
- You can qualify for all types of different championships as a full member, as a club member you can qualify for the Quest Championships
- Online access to competition records of all BD-registered riders and horses
- Online access to Listed Judges as well as Recognised and Accredited Coaches
- You will be judged by Listed Judges who have passed exams and receive ongoing training
- You can improve your own and your horses’ performance through our competition structure
- Be part of the glitz and glamour of a Petplan Equine Area Festival
- Compete against similar breeds in the Associated Championships and try your hand at showjumping in Combined Training
- Third party public liability insurance for all private equestrian activities provided by partners KBIS
- Personal accident insurance for all private equestrian activities, excluding racing (restrictions apply - see Members' Handbook for limits of cover)
Access to a free legal helpline provided by our partners Rotheras, a legal 500 firm based in Nottingham and Derby. They've been providing straight-talking, high quality legal advice for nearly 200 years. This solid foundation of knowledge, experience and expertise underpins everything they do.
They have expertise across a wide range of sectors and strive to offer impeccable service to their clients. In addition to advice, they offer practical solutions and a holistic approach to their clients’ needs.
They operate from 5 branches and act for clients nationally. They’re big enough to service all of your legal requirements under one roof but small enough to get to know you and maintain lasting, personal relationships.
Horse & Country
Membership is only £7.99 per month. And, with so much sport coming up, it’s a good time to consider annual membership for just £74.99, with BD members receiving a further 15% discount on the yearly subscription price. So BD members can enjoy 12 months of extensive dressage coverage for just £63.75. Members can watch online or with H&C’s mobile apps, as well as on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and Amazon Fire. Full details on how to join can be found at horseandcountry.tv.
Our Official Classifieds Partner - if you're looking to place a classifieds advert to sell your horse then look no further! BD members get 10% off and a free 'leader' upgrade on all dressage sections. And if you're looking to buy a new horse, then you’ll find over 800 quality dressage horses and ponies advertised on HorseQuest, and over 2,500 adverts in total.
- Get an exclusive member discount for the National Convention!
- Ticket discounts are also often available at other shows we partner with, such as The London International Horse Show and Horse of the Year Show.
Get your dancing shoes on with our negotiated special music licensing terms, so you have a wealth of music to choose from for your freestyle tests. Take part in the Winter Regional Championships route as well as the Petplan Equine Summer Area Festivals to give you a year round pathway.
BD Magazine, Engage & Handbook
- As a Full member you'll receive the British Dressage magazine, published eight times per year, packed with news, training features and show schedules. Club members and Associate members can also read the previous issue of the magazine online in our BD Member's Hub.
- Every month a copy of our e-news Engage will hit your in box with our latest updates, news, info and event offers. Plus you'll receive email updates from your region.
- All Full members receive a copy of the current British Dressage Members' Handbook, which has lots of info about what judges are looking for from you and your horse. If you're a Club or Associate member you can access the handbook online.
- There's regional training for riders at all levels given by British Dressage accredited trainers
- We run regional training for coaches to improve standards of teaching, which you can take part in
- You can work for a various businesses through our BD Apprenticeship scheme
- There is a training scheme for young riders aged eight to 25 years called BD Youth
- You can become a dressage judge
- Become an accredited coach with our coach packages and training.