Lottie and Glamourdale unbeatable in Gröte-Brogel
- Written By:
Last weekend at Gröte-Brogel CDI3* in Belgium (14 – 16 May 2021), Charlotte Fry and Glamourdale won the Grand Prix and Freestyle just three weeks after their international Grand Prix debut in Hagen.
The phenomenal pair presented a Grand Prix of great quality on Friday for 76.761%, beating their 74.46% achieved at Hagen and placing them at the top of the leaderboard by an almost four percent margin.
Opting to compete in Saturday’s Freestyle, they made their music debut riding to a compilation of Tina Turner hits, a programme used by owner Anne Van Olst when she was competing Exquis Clearwater. The iconic, timeless music matched the powerful Glamourdale well and his focus never wavered from the first to the last centre line. The performance was rewarded with a score of 83.235% to give them a clear victory.
The 10-year-old Lord Leatherdale x Negro breeding stallion (pictured in Hagen), who famously was FEI World Young Horse Seven-Year-Old Champion in 2018, is fulfilling the potential he has always shown in becoming a Grand Prix horse of the highest calibre.
CDI3* Grand Prix
1. Charlotte Fry and Glamourdale, 76.761% (GBR)
2. Jeanna Hogberg and Lorenzo, 72.891% (SWE)
3. Madeleine Witte-Vrees and Finnlanderin, 72.152% (NED)
4. Patrick Van Der Meer and Chinook, 71.065% (NED)
5. Laurence Vanommeslaghe and Edison, 70.935% (BEL)
CDI3* Grand Prix Freestyle
1. Charlotte Fry and Glamourdale, 83.235% (GBR)
2. Lynne Maas and Electra, 76.800% (NED)
3. Patrick Van Der Meer and Chinook, 76.715% (NED)
4. Madeleine Witte-Vrees and Finnlanderin, 76.095% (NED)
5. Laurence Vanommeslaghe and Edison, 75.525% (BEL)
CDU3* Grand Prix Special
1. Jeanna Hogberg and Lorenzo, 74.766% (SWE)
2. Lynne Maas and Eastpoint, 71.617% (NED)
3. Maxime Collard and Cupido PB, 71.404% (FRA)
4. Madeleine Witte-Vrees and Cennin, 70.319% (NED)
5. Laurence Vanommeslaghe and Havalon, 70.213% (BEL)
Photo © LL-FOTO-DE