Nettex TB Championships - all you need to know
- Written By:
Due to popular demand British dressage is proud to welcome back the Nettex Thoroughbred Dressage Championship which will be hosted by Vale View EC on 14- 15 September 2018.
This championship is in addition to the hugely popular Retraining of Race horse Dressage Championships, the difference being that this one’s a dressage opportunity for riders of all Thoroughbred horses, including those who have never set foot on the racetrack.
What levels do they run at?
Who can compete?
- Open to any pure bred Thoroughbred.
- This is open to current Full and Club members. Those who have never competed BD before are welcome.
- They’re run under BD/Quest rules and combinations must be eligible for the level at which they wish to compete.
Which organisations do I need to be a member of to be able to qualify?
BD membership/ registration to qualify:
|Intro - Prelim Bronze||Club/Full/Ticket/Trial||Club/Full/Ticket/Trial|
|Prelim Silver, Novice and above||Full/Ticket/Trial||Full/Ticket/Trial|
Membership required for the final:
- All horses and riders must be full BD members
How do I qualify?
- Qualification period is between the 1st December 2017 and 31st August 2018
- To qualify directly for the final for the championship, horse and rider combinations must achieve three scores of 60% or above, gained between 1st December 2017 and the 31st August 2018.
- Horse and rider combinations must be eligible for Bronze or Silver sections for the level they wish to qualify in accordance with BD Rules
Please note: The winning combination at each level at the final will not be eligible for the same level or below in future years and must compete at a higher level.
What shows can I get my scores at?
- Scores can be gained in any regular BD affiliated competition or BD Team/My Quest competition. To see a list of competitions please click here.
- Score sheets from Area Festivals, Regionals, Winter or National Championships and Quest Regional or Quest National Championships, may not be used towards qualification.
Can I compete at different levels?
- Combinations may compete and qualify at different levels but can only compete in two levels/classes at the final.
How do I know when I have qualified?
- Once you have achieved your three qualifying scores, you need to register your qualification with BD.
- Please fill in the qualification form and then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to;
- British Dressage, Meriden Business Park, Copse Drive, Meriden, West Midlands CV5 9RG, stating where and when you achieved your three qualifying scores.
- You’ll then receive an invitation to the final with all the championships details.
Where and when is the final?
- The final will take place at Vale View EC on 14-15 September 2018.
I still have questions, who should I contact?
Christina Stuart at British Dressage: Christina.Stuart@britishdressage.co.uk 02476 698909