Notes from the 2018 AGM
- Written By:
The Annual General Meeting of British Dressage was held on Thursday 20 September at the Oak Tree, Stoneleigh Park. The results of the formal business are as follows;
The following were proposed as Ordinary Resolutions:
1. To elect the Judges Director. There were no objections so Peter Storr is duly elected.
2. To elect the Para Director. There were no objections so Julie Frizzell is duly elected.
3. To elect the Finance Director. The election was managed independently by MiVoice who reported the following; there were 1576 votes. Caroline Godfrey 844 votes and David Fawcus 732 votes. Caroline is duly elected.
4. To receive the Financial Statements of British Dressage for the year ended 31 December 2017 and the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon. KPMG reported no significant audit issues and that in their opinion the accounts were a true and fair account of 2017.
5. To appoint KPMG as the auditors of British Dressage and to authorise the Board to fix their remuneration. One vote was received against the motion was carried in line with due process.
The following resolutions were proposed as Special Resolutions:
6. To elect Linda Whetstone, recommended by the Board, as the Chairman to hold office until the date of the 2019 AGM. Unanimously carried.
7. That the draft articles of association submitted to the meeting and for the purpose of identification signed by the Chairman thereof be and the same are hereby approved and adopted as the articles of association in substitution for and to the exclusion of all the existing articles of association of British Dressage. Unanimously carried.