Notice of AGM 2018
- Written By:
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of BRITISH DRESSAGE will be held at the The Oak Tree, Stoneleigh Park, Kenilworth, Warwickshire on 20 September 2018 at 6.30 pm for the purpose of considering the matters set out below.
The following will be proposed as Ordinary Resolutions:
1. To elect the Judges Director.
2. To elect the Para Director.
3. To elect the Finance Director.
4. To receive the Financial Statements of British Dressage for the year ended 31 December 2017 and the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
5. To appoint KPMG as the auditors of British Dressage and to authorise the Board to fix their remuneration.
The following resolutions will be proposed as Special Resolutions:
6. To elect Linda Whetstone, recommended by the Board, as the Chairman to hold office until the date of the 2019 AGM.
7. That the draft articles of association submitted to the meeting and for the purpose of identification signed by the Chairman thereof be and the same are hereby approved and adopted as the articles of association in substitution for and to the exclusion of all the existing articles of association of British Dressage.
By order of the Board
Meriden Business Park
West Midlands, CV5 9RG
Company number: 3443026
Dated: 22 June 2018
Notice is hereby given that the following documents will be available on British Dressage’s website on or before 10 July 2018 (Documents):
- British Dressage’s Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2017; and
- The proposed new Articles of Association of British Dressage (as referred to in item 7 above) plus a comparison showing the proposed changes being made to the existing Articles of Association.
The website address to access the Documents is www.britishdressage.co.uk. The Documents may be accessed on the website by typing the link provided above. If you do not have internet access and would like a hard copy of the documents, please contact Angela Green, HR & Office Manager at British Dressage on +44 (0) 24 7669 8844.
Any member of British Dressage entitled to attend and vote at the meeting convened by this Notice is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his or her place. A proxy need not be a member of British Dressage. The completed proxy form must be received at the registered office not later than 48 hours before the date and time that the meeting is due to commence. Proxy forms can be obtained by writing to the Chief Executive with a stamped addressed envelope.
Voting opens today (10 July) and all eligible members that we have a valid email address for will receive an email with their personal link to vote on-line. If you haven't had an email, or are having trouble voting, please contact Mi-Voice - phone: 0845 241 4148 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can vote using a paper ballot by downloading a form and posting to Mi-Voice.
To download this notice of AGM - click here
To downoad the Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2017 - click here
To download the proposed new Articles of Association as refered to in item 7 above - click here
To download the comparison showing the changes to the Articles of Association - click here
To view the candidate profiles - click here
To download a ballot form - Word (.docx) or PDF (.pdf)
If you require a form by post, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to request one to: Angela Green, British Dressage, Building 2020, Copse Drive, Meriden Business Park, Meriden, West Midlands CV5 9RG.
If you would like a hard copy of the Documents, please contact Angela Green, HR & Office Manager at British Dressage on +44 (0) 24 7669 8844.
Board election update
The only nominations received for the Judges and Para Director portfolios were from those currently covering the roles on an interim basis. Peter Storr (Judges) and Julie Frizzell (Para) both submitted nomination papers including their CV, Conflict of Interest form and a statement of suitability including motivations for the role. These two applications have now been reviewed by the Independent Selection Panel and both candidates will be put forward for ratification at the AGM on 20 September. One nomination was received for the Business Development Director position but was subsequently withdrawn.