Notice of Annual General Meeting 2020 - updated 08.09.20
- Written By:
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of British Dressage will be held at The Windmill Hotel, Birmingham Rd, Allesley, Coventry, CV5 9AL on 20 October 2020 at 6:00 pm for the purpose of considering the matters set out below.
The following will be proposed as Ordinary Resolutions:
1. To elect Claire Moir as the BD Youth Director.
2. To receive the Financial Statements of British Dressage for the year ended 31 December 2019 and the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
3. To reappoint the auditors of British Dressage and to authorise the Board to fix their remuneration.
The following resolution will be proposed as a Special Resolution:
4. That the draft articles of association submitted to the meeting and for the purpose of identification signed by the Chairman thereof be and the same are hereby approved and adopted as the articles of association in substitution for and to the exclusion of all the existing articles of association of British Dressage. *Please note* - revised documents were published on 8 September from those originally published in this news item on 4 September.
At the close of the formal business of the Annual General Meeting the following items will be dealt with:
5. To receive questions from members in attendance and also to answer questions submitted in writing by members to the Chief Executive at least 14 days prior to the meeting.
By order of the Board
Meriden Business Park
West Midlands, CV5 9RG
Company number: 3443026
Dated: 4 September 2020
Notice is hereby given that the following documents will be available on British Dressage’s website on or before 4 September 2020 (documents below):
• British Dressage's Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2019;
• Proposed new Articles of Association of British Dressage (as referred to in item 4 above) plus a comparison showing the proposed changes being made to the existing Articles of Association.
The website address to access the Documents is www.britishdressage.co.uk. The Documents may be accessed on the website by typing the link provided above. If you do not have internet access and would like a hard copy of the Documents, please contact Angela Green, HR & Office Manager at British Dressage, on 0247 669 8844.
1. Any questions to be raised by members whom are unable to attend the Annual General Meeting should be notified in writing to the Chief Executive at least fourteen clear days before the date fixed for the meeting so as to enable a full response to be given at the meeting. A form for submitting questions can be downloaded below.
2. The Annual General Meeting will be streamed live on www.britishdressage.co.uk.
3. Any member of British Dressage entitled to attend and vote at the meeting convened by this Notice is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his or her place. A proxy need not be a member of British Dressage. The completed proxy form must be received at the registered office no later than 6pm on 16 October 2020. Proxy forms can be obtained by writing to the Chief Executive with a stamped addressed envelope or by using the link below.
Board Election Update
The only nomination received for BD Youth Director was from the current post holder. Claire Moir submitted nomination papers including CV, completed Conflict of Interest form and a statement of suitability and motivations for the role. The application has now been reviewed by the Nominations Committee and the candidate will be put forward for ratification to the post at the AGM on 20 October.
If you would like a hard copy of the documents, please contact Angela Green, HR & Office Manager at British Dressage on +44 (0) 24 7669 8844 or via email.