Susan Pape and Harmony’s Eclectisch shine in Florida
- Written By:
Susan Pape and Harmony’s Eclectisch achieved strong results in the recent CDI-W, the eighth leg of the FEI Dressage World Cup™ North American League, at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival 5 at Wellington in Florida, USA (08 – 12 February 2023).
Susan, who is based in Germany but spending the winter season in Florida for the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival series held at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center, placed well both days. Following a fabulous fourth place in the Grand Prix scoring 70.522%, she and Harmony Amateur Sports Foundation’s stallion Harmony’s Eclectisch (Zenon x Olivi) rode a super freestyle to finish comfortably inside the top ten.
Riding to a compilation of U2 hits, in front of a capacity crowd for the ‘Friday Night Stars’ FEI World Cup™ Grand Prix Freestyle, Susan and ‘Ecci’ presented a harmonious, enjoyable programme. A mistake in a double canter pirouette left was costly in an otherwise secure performance, giving them 73.280% for eventual seventh place. Both classes were won by Germany’s Frederic Wandres with Hof Kasselmann’s 13-year-old gelding Bluetooth OLD (Bordeaux 28 x Riccione).
The 12-week-long festival in the Sunshine State, featuring seven weeks of CDI competition, is a popular training ground for competitors from both the USA and those, such as Susan, who travel from Europe. With Harmony’s Eclectisch she has enjoyed a successful tour so far, including taking top honours in the Grand Prix and Special at the Wellington CDI3* last month.
Before returning home to Hemmoor in Germany, the British duo will compete in this week’s CDI3* at the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival 7.
Results: top five and British placings
FEI World Cup™ Grand Prix
1. Frederic Wandres and Bluetooth OLD, 74.913% (GER)
2. Morgan Barbançon and Bolero, 71.782% (FRA)
3. Ashley Holzer and Valentine, 71.174% (USA)
4. Susan Pape and Harmony’s Eclectisch, 70.522% (GBR)
5. Alice Tarjan and Serenade MF, 69.935% (USA)
FEI World Cup™ Grand Prix Freestyle
1. Frederic Wandres and Bluetooth OLD, 80.565% (GER)
2. Ashley Holzer and Valentine, 77.400% (USA)
3. Sarah Tubman and First Apple, 77.270% (USA)
4. Morgan Barbançon and Bolero, 76.965% (FRA)
5. Alice Tarjan and Serenade MF, 76.915% (USA)
7. Susan Pape and Harmony’s Eclectisch, 73.280% (GBR)
Photo © British Equestrian/Jon Stroud Media