British Equestrian announces nominated entries for FEI Dressage World Championship
- Written By:
British Equestrian and the British Dressage selectors can today confirm the eight horse and rider combinations that will form their list of nominated entries ahead of the FEI Dressage World Championship, set to take place in Herning, Denmark, from 6–14 August this year.
Nominated entries in alphabetical order by athlete surname:
• Richard Davison (66) from Uttoxeter, Staffordshire, with his own and Gwendolyn Sontheim’s Bubblingh (bay, gelding, 16.3hh, 16yrs, Lingh x Picandt, Breeder: Richard Davison GBR)
• Charlotte Dujardin (36) from Newent, Gloucestershire, with Carl Hester and Coral Ingham’s Imhotep (chestnut, gelding, 16.2hh, 9yrs, Everdale x Vivaldi, Breeder: T Huizing NED)
• Charlotte Fry (26) based in Den Hout, the Netherlands and originally from Scarborough, North Yorkshire, with Van Olst Horses’ Everdale (black stallion, 17.2hh, 13yrs, Lord Leatherdale x Negro, Breeder: P Kluytmans NED ) and Van Olst Horses’ Glamourdale (black stallion, 16.3hh, 11yrs, Lord Leatherdale x Negro, Breeder: Rodenburg NED)
• Gareth Hughes (51) from Southam, Warwickshire with Julia Hornig, Rebecca Hughes, Ruby Hughes and his own Classic Briolinca (bay, mare, 16.2hh, 16yrs, Trento B x Royal Dance, Breeder: Febr van der Steen NED) and his own and Judy Firmston-Williams' Sintano Van Hof Olympia (bay, gelding, 16.3hh, 12yrs, Sandro Hit x Silvano, Breeder: Iris & Henk Poettgens NED)
• Susan Pape (59) based in Hemmoor, Germany, with her own and Harmony Amateur Sports Foundation's Harmony’s Eclectisch (black stallion, 16.3hh, 13yrs, Zenon x Olivi, Breeder: Fam Andeweg NED)
• Laura Tomlinson (37) from Cirencester, Gloucestershire, with her own and Ursula Bechtolsheimer’s Fallatijn (chestnut, gelding, 17.1hh, 12yrs, Vivaldi x Cabochon, Breeder: J. G. Damen NED)
Two reserve combinations have also been named, listed below in alphabetical order by athlete surname:
• Lara Butler (33) from Cirencester, Gloucestershire with Laura Tomlinson and Ursula Bechtolsheimer’s Kristjan (dark bay gelding, 17yrs, Polarion x Napoleon Quatre, Breeder: Ursula Bechtolsheimer GBR)
• Charlotte Fry (26) based in Den Hout, the Netherlands and originally from Scarborough, North Yorkshire, with Van Olst Horses and her own Dark Legend (dark bay gelding, 14yrs, Zucchero x Tango, Breeder: Fam Nobus de Potter NED)
At the time of release, the names of the grooms for each horse have not been confirmed but will be included in the final squad announcement.
Selection decisions are subject to the athlete and horse maintaining fitness and performance, and this list may be amended at any point up to 4 July 2022. The selected squad of four combinations to travel to Herning, plus non-travelling reserves, will be announced on or around 20 July 2022.
The funding that the British Equestrian World Class Programme receives from the National Lottery and UK Sport is pivotal in preparing our teams for senior championships and supporting them on the ground.
British Equestrian is also extremely grateful for the support we enjoy from our partners – Bates Saddles, Dodson & Horrell, Fairfax & Favor, Haygain, NAF and Toggi – and team suppliers – Equi-Trek Horseware, Lotus Romeo, Marksway Horsehage and Point Two. We’re indebted for the year-round support they provide to the World Class Programme and British teams, which helps us to best prepare for senior championships.