Laura Tomlinson and Rose of Bavaria impress at Herzlake CDI3*
- Written By:
Laura Tomlinson enjoyed exciting results last weekend at Herzlake CDI3* in Germany (18 – 20 June 2021), achieving two second placings with her Tokyo-nominated ride, Rose of Bavaria.
In Saturday’s Grand Prix, the pair rode a beautiful test for a PB of 75.413% to finish behind Danish star Cathrine Dufour with Bohemian. Sunday, they once again achieved second to Cathrine, the British pair posting another PB (75.553%) in the Grand Prix Special.
Rose of Bavaria (Bordeaux x Florestan I) who Laura co-owns with her mother, Ursula Bechtolsheimer, is developing well with each outing. Winners of the Grand Prix Special at Le Mans CDI3* early last year, the mare continues to show her vast potential. Laura describes the 11-year-old mare as “powerful and sharp – she’s got the AMG, but also non-spooky and uncomplicated.” All the ingredients for a world class performer.
Laura was delighted with her 11-year-old Vivaldi gelding, Fallatijn, also co-owned with Ursula Bechtolsheimer, following fifth place in the Grand Prix with 71.957%.
CDI3* Grand Prix
1. Cathrine Dufour and Bohemian, 80.348% (DEN)
2. Laura Tomlinson and Rose of Bavaria, 75.413% (GBR)
3. Daniel Bachmann Andersen and Marshall-Bell, 72.826% (DEN)
4. Emma Kanerva and Greek Air, 72.413% (FIN)
5. Laura Tomlinson and Fallatijn, 71.957% (GBR)
CDI3* Grand Prix Special
1. Cathrine Dufour and Bohemian, 82.064% (DEN)
2. Laura Tomlinson and Rose of Bavaria, 75.553% (GBR)
3. Daniel Bachmann Andersen and Blue Hors Don Romantic, 74.191% (DEN)
4. Nars Gottmer and Figaro, 74.106% (NED)
5. Malin Wahlkamp-Nilsson and Amplemento, 72.766% (SWE)
Photo © Kevin Sparrow