Notice of Annual General Meeting 2023
- Written By:
British Dressage is pleased to confirm the arrangements for our 2023 Annual General Meeting, with full details including the time, date and venue provided below as part of the Notice of AGM.
During the Special Business section of the evening, there is a Special Resolution being put forward relating to proposed changes being made to our Articles of Association. Full details of these changes and the rationale behind them are detailed in the “Proposed amendments to BD Memorandum & Articles of Association” document which can be viewed below.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual General Meeting of BRITISH DRESSAGE will be held at Aintree Racecourse, Ormskirk Road, Aintree, Merseyside, L9 5AS on 18 October 2023 at 6:00pm, for the purpose of considering the matters set out below.
The following will be proposed as Ordinary Resolutions:
1. To receive the Financial Statements of British Dressage for the year ended 31 December 2022 and the Directors’ and Auditors’ Reports thereon.
2. To reappoint the auditors of British Dressage and to authorise the Board to fix their remuneration.
The following resolution will be proposed as a Special Resolution:
3. That the draft Articles of Association submitted to the meeting and for the purpose of identification signed by the Chairman thereof be and the same are hereby approved and adopted as the Articles of Association in substitution for and to the exclusion of all the existing Articles of Association of British Dressage.
At the close of the formal business of the Annual General Meeting the following items will be dealt with:
4. To receive questions from members in attendance and to answer questions submitted in writing by members to the Chief Executive at least ten days prior to the meeting.
By order of the Board.
Meriden Business Park
West Midlands, CV5 9RG
Company number: 3443026
Dated: 30 June 2023
Notice is hereby given that the following documents will be available on British Dressage’s website on or before 8 September 2023:
- British Dressage's Report and Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2022; And
- The Proposed New Articles of Association of British Dressage (as referred to in item 3 above), plus a comparison (showing the proposed changes being made to the existing Articles of Association)
The website address to access the Documents is www.britishdressage.co.uk. The Documents may be accessed on the website by typing the link provided above. If you do not have internet access and would like a hard copy of the Documents, please contact Ben Waterhouse, Chief Operating Officer at British Dressage, on 02477 087805.
- Any questions to be raised by members who are unable to attend the Annual General Meeting should be notified in writing to the Chief Executive at least ten clear days before the date fixed for the meeting, to enable a full response to be given at the meeting.
- The Annual General Meeting will be streamed live on the British Dressage website: www.britishdressage.co.uk.
- Any member of British Dressage entitled to attend and vote at the meeting convened by this Notice is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his or her place. A proxy need not be a member of British Dressage. The completed proxy form must be received at the registered office by no later than 6.00pm on 16 October 2023. Proxy forms can be downloaded from the BD website or obtained by writing to the Chief Executive with a stamped addressed envelope.