Para short list announced
- Written By:
The British Equestrian Federation (BEF) has today confirmed the para-dressage combinations, selected by the British Dressage selectors, short-listed for this year’s World Equestrian Games in Tryon, North Carolina (USA), 11-23 September 2018.
The combinations short-listed are (in alphabetical order);
- Natasha Baker MBE, grade III, with the Mount St John Stud’s, Mount St John Diva Dannebrog
- Sophie Christiansen CBE, grade I, with her own Amazing Romance
- Nicky Greenhill, grade IV, with Gary Greenhill and her own Betty Boo
- Suzanna Hext, grade II, with the Lady Joseph Trust and Henrietta Cheetham’s LJT Enggaards Solitaire
- Erin Orford, grade III, with Annabel Whittet’s Dior
- Isobelle Palmer, grade IV, with Mrs N Wells and Sophie Wells’ Touchdown M
- Sir Lee Pearson, grade II, with his own Styletta
- Sophie Wells MBE, grade V, with Charlotte Hogg’s C Fatal Attraction (pictured), and Jackie and Neil Walker, Valerie Woolford and her own Gladstone
- Georgia Wilson, grade II, with her own Midnight
All combinations are required to maintain their current form ahead of the Championships. A total of 8 combinations will be submitted to the FEI as the nominated entries on 13 August 2018.
Para-Dressage Performance Manager, Sarah Armstrong comments; “I’m delighted for those athletes and their teams announced today. One of the impressive things to see from those short-listed is that only two combinations listed have been to a Championships before. We have some new combinations to the international scene who have only been working together for a short-period of time, but are already forming exciting partnerships.
“The para squad works closely as a team, and credit must also be attributed to the home and World Class Programme staff in their support of the athletes thus far. With just 64 days to the Opening Ceremony all efforts will now be focussed towards the team hitting peak performance to deliver their best at WEG.”
The team of four will be announced at the end of July / beginning of August.
Equestrian Team GBR is supported by the UK Sport National Lottery funded World Class Programme; the British teams are very grateful to the support they receive from official partners Dodson and Horrell, Equi-Trek, FALPRO England, Musto, NAF and Point Two.