Small Tour Championships – All you need to know
- Written By:
The BD Small Tour Championship gives horse and rider combinations who’ve not yet reached international status, but nonetheless enjoy competing at Prix St Georges and Inter I, an additional competition opportunity.
This year the qualifying rounds will take place at 12 venues, all chosen to give competitors a first-rate experience, and final takes place at Keysoe in Bedfordshire on 6 - 9 December 2018.
The Silver FEI Championship including small, middle and big tour will not run this year as printed in the rule book page 95. This year the championship will run as the Small Tour Championship.
Eligibility is limited to combinations who have never taken part in a CDI at that level although the rider may have done so on another horse, and horses must not have competed internationally by any rider for at least five years.
Which tests will be used?
- FEI Prix St Georges
- FEI Freestyle Prix St Georges
- FEI Intermediate I
- FEI Freestyle Intermediate I
Who is eligible?
- Combinations not to have taken part in a CDI or CDIY
- Horses must not have competed internationally by any rider for at least 5 years
- Combinations must choose to compete at PSG/PSG Freestyle OR INT1/Inter I Freestyle.
- Combinations cannot compete in both PSG & Inter I
How do combinations qualify for the final?
- There will be 12 qualifiers hosted by various venues around the country
- Competitors compete in both tests per level
- Top 3 in each section will be invited to the Final. If an already qualified combination are placed 1-3 qualification will pass down
- Two list 1 Judges per class (can judge both classes)
- Entry fee £60 for both tests
- Prize Money - £90, £60, £30, £20 – Paid out as per BD rules.
|Beaver Hall||North West||19 September|
|Blue Barn||Southern||29 September|
|Aintree||North West||4-5 October|
|Bicton Arena||South West||4 November|
|Solihull||North West||19 October|
|Kings Eq||North West||6 November|
|West Wilts||South West||15 November|
|Alnwick Ford||Northern||17 November|
This will be held at Keysoe on 6-9 December 2018.
There will be 3 Judges per class – List 1 with international experience.
Final Prize Money - £250, £100, £75, £50, £25 at each level
I still have questions, who should I contact?
Monica at British Dressage – E: email T: 02477 087804