Statement: Wellington and Summerhouse Regionals

  • Written By: British Dressage
  • Published: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 22:42 GMT

In discussion with British Dressage, Wellington Riding has taken the decision to postpone the fifth and final day of their Winter Regional Championships and has worked hard to provide an alternative solution for competitors. The remaining day of competition will now move from Thursday 1 March to Wednesday 7 March 2018.

Wellington will be taking all entries that have currently been accepted as a priority, then opening up the remaining places to anyone else that couldn’t attend another regional, on a first come first served basis. All competitors already entered are asked to confirm by email: whether or not they still wish to compete. Likewise, qualified competitors who were not entered for Wellington but who wish to compete are to email the venue.

To confirm your request for your entry to be transferred to Wednesday 7 March or to take the opportunity to enter (space permitting) email: by 9am on Monday 5 March. Please see Wellington Riding Facebook for full details.

Summerhouse Regionals has been postponed in its entirety until next week – read news item for details. They will also be adopting a policy of accepting entries from competitors who were not originally entered but who nonetheless wish to compete. Similarly, once classes are full, combinations will be placed on a waiting list. Places are guaranteed for the original Summerhouse combinations - please ensure you confirm with the venue by email: whether or not you will be attending, by 4pm on Friday 2 March.

It is hoped that these measures will enable as many competitors as possible to resume their plans to compete at the Winter Regional Championships.

Thank you for your cooperation in this challenging period. The safety and welfare of members and horses is paramount and we thank Summerhouse, Wellington and all involved for their hard work and support in putting these contingency plans in place.