For those competing at the NAF Five Star Winter Championships and the Petplan Equine Area Festival Championships there are stables available to hire during the duration of the competition.
- There will be 180 permanent stables plus temporary barn stables available on the showground at £38 per stable per night. Stable hire is from 4pm on the day of arrival to 3pm on the day of departure (access is available from 1.00pm on Tuesday 18 April).
- Horses may not arrive before 1pm on 18 April and all horses must depart on Sunday 23 April. Horses requiring stabling must arrive on the showground before 6.30pm. Should any competitor be delayed, they must contact the Stable Manager on 07487423564.
- The Stable Manager's office will open at 6am and close at 7pm each day.
Applying for a stable
- All stables need to be booked online through the online entry system when entering the championships.
- If you wish to increase the number of nights a horse is stabled once the initial stable booking is made, please contact the Show Secretary on 07790 309424 to amend your booking. Prices and conditions can be found on the schedule.
- Should space be available, late stabling requests made to the Show Secretary after 23 March may be accepted, however, they will be subject to an additional fee of £5 per stable per night.
Terms and conditions of stable hire
- Please refer to the General Rules and Regulations in the Championship Schedule for all terms and conditions.
- Any damage caused to stables will be charged to the hirer.
- It is understood by competitors that horseboxes/ trailers may be parked some distance from the stables and it is understood that it may not be possible to park competitors who have more than one horsebox/ trailer at the Championship in the same location.
- Occupants are advised that stables must be vacated on time so that stables may be sanitised before incoming horses are stabled. If stables are not vacated on time a fine of £80 per stable may be charged for late departure.
- All competitors will pay a £20 per stable cash deposit upon arrival at the Stable Manager's Office prior to being allocated stables. This deposit is fully refundable prior to departure and upon confirmation that the competitors stable has been emptied of bedding and left tidy. If the stable is not emptied of bedding and left tidy the deposit will not be refunded.
- All horses will be balloted between permanent and temporary stables and it will be subject to the nights that stables are required rather than the date that booking is received. Competitors should not request permanent stabling as it will not alter the allocation of stables. Competitors applying for stabling for a horse not actually entered at the show will be allocated temporary stabling for the companion and the horse entered at the show. Notification will not be sent out to those allocated temporary barn stables
- Horses/ ponies may not be stabled in horseboxes/ trailers. A competitor found stabling their horse/ pony in such a way will be asked to leave the show ground.
- Any competitor who enters or makes use of any stable that has not been officially reserved for their use will be liable for the daily charge for that stable and an additional fine of £80 for that stable.
All stables will be empty of bedding at the start of occupancy and no bedding is provided with the hire of the stable. Natural Flake Shavings may be purchased from the Stable Manager's Office at £7.50 per bale from 8am - 7pm. Straw isn't permitted in the stables.
Horsehaylage Rye Pro will be available to purchase on site from the Stable Manager's Office at £7.50 per bag from 8am - 7pm.