We're excited to once again be able to provide you with the opportunity to compete in the 2021 NAF Five Star Winter Championships and Petplan Equine Area Festival Championships!
Thanks to lots of hard work behind the scenes we're excited to be able to bring you the 2021 NAF Five Star Winter Championships and Petplan Equine Area Festival Championships, which will take place 'behind closed doors'. The championships will run from Monday 28 June - Friday 2 July 2021 at our original venue Hartpury Arena in Gloucestershire.
We're happy to say that even in its revised format we're able to protect the integrity of the competition, with judging and prize money remaining unchanged, whilst ensuring the safety of our competitors, officials and staff is maintained at all times.
Competition schedule & timetable
The full schedule for all competitors is available below - this outlines all of the information you need on which classes are taking place when, prize money and so on. Entries open on 13 May 2021 and close 12noon on 10 June - no late entries will be accepted.
For the full timetable with exact timings of each class, please see below:
Preparing for the Championships
As you prepare for the Championships, please ensure you take a look at the below information for everything you need to know about competing at this event prior to your departure and how this will differ to normal due to COVID-19.
COVID-19 Policy 2021
Everyone attending the event must read the COVID-19 Policy for the Championships as this provides vital information on how the Show will operate and what you should do while at the Championships to ensure that you have the best possible experience at the event:
- Please ensure you read the COVID-19 Policy for the Championships for information on PPE, social distancing, face coverings, handwashing, arrival, parking, stable area, Secretary’s Office, music, warm up, unmounted presentations, site facilities, COVID-19 symptoms.
- Always endeavour to keep to the left when walking in enclosed spaces and passing others.
- The COVID-19 Policy for the Championships may be updated to conform to the current requirements.
- Should anyone fail to conform to the COVID-19 Policy for the Championships they may be asked to leave the showground.
Number of people permitted with each rider
Current guidance, effective from 17 May:
Competitors can be accompanied by friends and family, up to a maximum of six people or two households (including the rider, groom and / or trainer), in line with government guidance. Anyone attending should remain within their bubble and not mix with other households while on site, particularly when using indoor areas.
It is anticipated that these restrictions may be lifted from 21 June onwards, subject to moving to Stage Four of the government’s roadmap. This guidance will therefore be updated before the Winter Championships, once we have further details.
Electrical Hook Up
A limited number of 6amp electrical hook ups are available for horseboxes at a cost of £88 (inc. VAT) per hook up for the period that you are staying at the Showground. Please note that electrical hook up is not available for tents.
Electrical connection must be booked online through the entry system by 10 June 2021 and is on a strictly first come basis:
You will need a 16amp (blue socket) extension cable to connect to the socket supplied by the Organiser. It is the responsibility of the competitor to ensure that all their cables and electrical equipment comply with current electrical regulations.
Arriving at the Championships
- Everyone attending will arrive at the Parking Control Point when they enter the venue.
- Horses may arrive on the showground from 1.00pm on Sunday 27 June and the Stable Managers Office will close at 7.00pm. The showground entrance will close at 11.00pm.
- Access to the showground will be open from 6.00am – 11.00pm on show days. Outside these hours the entrance will be opened for emergency access only.
- Horses requiring stabling must arrive on the showground before 6.30pm. Should any competitor be delayed, they must contact the Stable Manager on 07779 788014. The Stable Manager's office will open at 6.00am and close at 7.00pm each day.
- All horseboxes / trailers will be parked by dedicated parking personnel.
- Competitors do not require car passes and all cars will be parked in the designated car park in the showground. Except for cars towing trailers with horses competing at the Show, which will be issued passes from the Stable Manager when they arrive on site, cars will not be permitted in the stable area or horsebox parking area.
Equine Flu Vaccination checks
- All horses and ponies at the Show must have a current and valid record of vaccination against Equine Influenza that fully complies with British Dressage Rule 11, including any horse arriving on site before 1 July 2021.
- An initial course of two injections for primary vaccination, not less than 21 days and not more than 92 days apart, are required before being eligible to compete.
- A first booster injection must be given between 150 and 215 days after the second injection of primary vaccination.
- Subsequent booster injections must be given at regular intervals of not more than 12 months, commencing after the first booster injection.
- The most recent booster injection must have been given within six calendar months + 21 days prior to the horse competing.
- The full course or booster must have been administered at least seven days before arriving at the competition.
- The vaccination record(s) in the horse’s passport, must be completed, signed and stamped line by line, by an appropriate veterinary surgeon (who is neither the owner nor the rider of the horse). The responsibility to comply with this rule lies with the competitor, who should consult with their veterinarian.
- Horses without a valid vaccination certificate within passports on arrival will not be allowed to stay at the Championships.
Vaccination Check Process
- Upon arrival at the event competitors will be required to take the vaccination certificates for all the horses/ponies they have at the event, whether stabled or non-stabled to the Stable Manager’s Office for verification before any horses/ponies are unloaded from the horsebox.
- Office for verification before any horses/ponies are unloaded from the horsebox.
For those competing at the NAF Five Star Winter Championships and the Petplan Equine Area Festival Championships there are stables available to hire during the duration of the competition.
During the Championships
Exercise and warm up
Competition warm up and general exercise arenas will be available during the competition for you and your horse, find out more below:
- Please keep visits to the Secretary’s Office to a minimum and observe social distancing at all time.
- Declaration is not required.
- Score Sheets and / or prizes may be collected from the Show Secretary no earlier than half an hour after the end of the class and prior to departure from the Show Ground. Prizes will not be sent after the Show.
- If you would like your score sheet posted, a £3.00 postage and administration fee will be charged which must be paid at the Secretary’s Office prior to leaving the Show Ground. Sheets will then be posted following the conclusion of the show.
- Please ensure you read the Covid-19 Policy for the Championships regarding music CDs.
Start lists and results
All of the class details and competitor start times will be available online during the Championships and there will also be an online scoring system.
Please note that there will be no public start lists / programme or scoreboard on site.
The top three competitors from each competition will be required to attend the unmounted presentation.
Presentation times will be published on the competition timetable page and competitors should present themselves to the Presentation Area at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled presentation time.
Toilets and showers
Limited public toilets will be available with 24 hour access, however no public showers will be available on the showground.
All competitions will be live streamed on Horse & Country and we'll provide details of this nearer to the event.
The official event photographer will be on site to take photographs of competitors in all the competitions and at the presentations. There will be no photographic trade stand on the showground but pictures will be available to purchase online.
Hoof Prints: Frances Gannon
Tel: 01933 418884 or 07909 683764